Millions of Americans suffer with missing teeth. While dentures are a time-tested option, it’s not the only way to replace them, even when you’ve lost or are about to lose all your teeth. All-on-4 dental implants are designed to use four implants to replace multiple teeth at once and provide immediate functionality. Typically, no bone grafting is required with this treatment option and healing time is much faster over traditional methods of implants.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
With the All-on-4 method, two implants are placed in the front of the mouth and two more are placed at the back of the mouth to secure a full arch of replacement teeth. The implants are made of titanium, which bonds to your bone, strengthening the structure of your jaw. Other benefits of this treatment include:
· Easy cleaning and maintenance – brush and floss and see your dentist for regular cleaning and exams.
· Natural biting and chewing functions – eat what you want without worrying about your teeth falling out.
· Prevents further bone loss – when you lose teeth and bone in your jaw, it makes your face appear older.
· Maintain speaking abilities – you don’t have to worry about slipping dentures. You can articulate words and not be self-conscious when you talk.
· Permanent, long-lasting results – Although you will have a temporary set of dentures attached when you get the implants, once the implants are integrated (about six months), you will receive your permanent set of implant-supported dentures which can last a lifetime
Why All-on-4 Exceeds Dentures
Dentures often slip out of place, which can be disconcerting. Even with denture bonding materials, the way you speak and eat will be affected. You may even have to refit the dentures occasionally because of bone loss. Contact our office to make an appointment with Dr. Kharmouche, periodontist in Sterling, VA, to discuss All-on-4 dental implants and find out if they’re right for you. Enjoy eating and speaking again with a beautiful, healthy smile for life.