You may already have heard that dental implants are the “gold standard” in tooth replacement, but it’s not uncommon for patients to hesitate when it comes to the cost of dental implants in Leesburg, VA. Our periodontist, Dr. Jean-Claude Kharmouche, outlines the main components of their cost below:
- Experience & Skill – Going to a skilled and specialized periodontist like Dr. Kharmouche may be pricier, but it is worth the extra cost for a better treatment experience and greater predictability of long-term implant success.
- Oral Condition – The location and number of your missing teeth may alter the cost of your treatment. Similarly, missing many or all your teeth will be costlier to replace than a single missing tooth. If you’re suffering from gum disease, this must be treated beforehand as well.
- Related Procedures – If you need a tooth extraction or bone grafting before dental implants can be placed, this will increase the cost of your treatment. However, Dr. Kharmouche uses minimally invasive techniques and may be able to combine surgical appointments to streamline treatment and cost.
- Materials Used – The type and quality of materials may affect the cost of dental implants. Both the implant post and the restoration have varying materials, each with their own set of benefits.
- Laboratory Fee – The dental laboratory will charge a fee for creating your temporary tooth or provisional as well as the final, permanent restoration.
Are Dental Implants Worth It?
You may be wondering if dental implants are even worth the cost. For most patients, the answer is yes! Dental implants represent a tooth replacement option that lasts twice as long (and sometimes longer!) than dental bridges, partials, or dentures, and with significantly fewer maintenance issues. Over this amount of time, implants more than pay for themselves, as they provide you with permanent functional and health benefits and natural smile aesthetics.
Find Out Your Dental Implant Cost
Dr. Kharmouche has three convenient practice locations in and around Leesburg, VA. To schedule your dental implants consultation, call our main office at (571) 918-9634 or request a consultation online.