Modern dental implants have changed the lives of countless patients in the decades since they’ve been introduced. While they provide exceptional results, implants are not something any patient should rush into. It’s important to understand what they are, whether you’re a candidate, and who is best to provide them if you are. The answer to that last question is a periodontist in Leesburg, VA.
A board-certified periodontist with years of advanced training in dental implants, gum health, and more, plus over 20 years in practice, Dr. Jean-Claude Kharmouche is exceptionally qualified to answer all your questions about implants and place them with great expertise. These are some of the most important questions to ask when you’re considering implants:
- Do I Qualify for Dental Implants? Most patients with one or more missing teeth are candidates for dental implants. In some cases, you may need to have some unhealthy teeth extracted first or undergo bone grafting to make your jawbone strong enough to support implants.
- How Long Does It Take to Get Dental Implants? As a provider of All-on-4® dental implants, Dr. Kharmouche can restore a complete smile within the space of one appointment. This involves placing as few as four implants in each arch and then adding temporary restorations that will enable you to eat, speak, and smile comfortably during healing.
- Should I See a Specialist for Dental Implants? While some general dentists provide dental implants, a periodontist such as Dr. Kharmouche has extensive, advanced training that makes dental implant placement among his specialties.
- Do Dental Implants Need Special Care? Implants only require regular brushing, flossing, professional cleanings, and routine checkups. Unlike natural teeth, implants won’t get cavities or develop root canal infections.
- What Is the Lifespan of Dental Implants? Dental implants are made to last decades given the proper care mentioned above.
Have Other Questions? Ask the Expert
Book your consultation with Dr. Kharmouche now at 703-444-4377.
Currently rated by 0 people
Comments are closed for this post, but if you have spotted an error or have additional info that you think should be in this post, feel free to contact us.